Nat'l Bath Safety Month Tips
Rub a Dub Dub! Our kid's bath time can be both relaxing and fun. But, during January - National Bath Safety Month, the American Academy of Pediatrics warns that drowning is the LEADING cause of unintentional injury-related death for children ages 0-4. Many parents don't realize the risk that bath time holds for their little ones. Of the child drownings occurring in the house, nearly half of the children had been out of sight for less than five minutes prior to the incident. And, more than two-thirds drown in less than 2 inches of water. In addition to drowning, the bathtub holds many other risks to your children including extreme water temperatures and slipping/falling. Here are a few tips we've put together for our families:
- ALWAYS have an adult within arms reach
- Never leave another child to supervise
- Learn CPR
- Set your water heater to a maximum of 120' F
- Wait until the tub is finished filling before putting your child in (temperatures can change)
- Add anti-slip mats to the floor of the tub/shower
We will be closed for Winter Break from December 23 - January 2!
We will be closed on Monday, January 16th, for Martin Luther King Day!
PLEASE Make sure everything brought to school is labeled with your child’s name.
Visit and follow our Facebook page!
Please Post a Review on Our Social Media Pages:
- January 01: Happy New Year!
- January 02: New Year’s Day (Closed)
- January 04: Tie-Dye Day! (Wear Tie-Dye)
- January 04: National Spaghetti Day
- January 16: Martin Luther King Day (Closed)
- January 25: Crazy Hat Day
CAMP for Schoolers will be offered:
- Mid-Winter Break: February 13-17, 2023
- Spring Break: March 13-17, 2023
- Summer Break: May 30 - August 8, 2023
- Fall Break: October 9-13, 2023
- Thanksgiving Break: November 20-22, 2023
- Winter Break: December 18-22, 2023
If you are already enrolled at Little Explorers Christian Childare center in The Woodlands, Spring-Klein, Tomball, Texas, and surrounding areas you will be automatically enrolled in our text alert system that notifies you of dates, events, and important school closures.